Australian Football Coach
is an PC and Mac computer game which allows you to take control of your favorite Aussie Rules team and manage them to glory. The game includes all of the latest rules and features for the 2014 season. Australian Football Coach puts you in control of your team's destiny.
The game is currently under active development and is nearing alpha testing.
The following features have already been developed:
- Watch the game play out in front of you
- Choose the tactics which will best win you the game
- Interchange players wisely as they fatigue
- Adjust to the ground sizes of over 30 different stadiums
- Over 800 players in the database
- View statistics on game-by-game, season or career at all levels of the game
- Navigate the offseason, including restricted and unrestricted free agency
- Place your injured players on the injury reserve list
- Draft the stars of the lower leagues
- Delist a player? Get him back in the re-entry draft
- Pick the best players in the rookie draft
- Make space for the players on your rookies list - they just may get their chance to shine
- Do your best to stay under the salary cap by adding players to veterans
- Renew your players' contracts or delist them if they're pants
- Realistic list lodgement timelines
- Enter a dynamic world of coaching - lose too often and get fired
- Start at a lower club and apply for your dream job - you just might get it
- All league files are easily editable with a text editor
- Coachable state and development leagues as well as the national league
- All current league structures as of start of 2014 including 18 teams and double-byes
- Create leagues of as many teams as you like playing as many games as you like
- Customizable bye weeks and finals
This game is still under development. No release date is set and there is still admittedly a chance this game never sees the light of day.
February 25, 2014
Recently, improved injury model, improved tackling, added in-game team tactical changes, added the ability to load real life coaches from file, improved the realism of the match engine by fixing bugs, updated Tasmanian league, added local Tasmanian ovals, and much GUI programming on the tactics and squad page.
February 16, 2014
Current features list added to website.
January 28, 2014
Development on 'Australian Football Coach' continues. Lots of bugs, but the game will hopefully be beta testing soon.
December 16, 2013
Development continues on 'Australian Football Coach' (working title).
December 1, 2013
Development continues on 'Australian Football Coach'. A number of features not yet seen in an Aussie Rules sports management game already work (quick, obvious tease: 18 team leagues, but leagues of any size are theoretically editable. Less obvious tease: unrestricted free agency). The game still does not currently have a release date.
November 9, 2013
An Australian Football management simulator is currently under development. The game is currently in alpha testing and no release date has been set.To get updated as development of the game progresses, make sure to follow us on Twitter.