Help Beta Test Australian Football Coach. Sign up on our forum to get beta access!
Vote for Australian Football Coach on Steam Greenlight!
Australian Football Coach
, a PC video game, allows you to take control of your favorite Aussie Rules team and manage them to glory. The game includes all of the latest rules and features for the 2014 season. Australian Football Coach puts you in control of your team's destiny!
The game is currently under active development and is currently undergoing beta testing. A release date will be announced soon.
Australian Football Coach already has the following features:
- Watch the game play out in front of you
- Choose the tactics which will best win you the game
- Interchange players wisely as they fatigue
- Statistical charts help you figure out what's going on where on the field
- Adjust to the ground sizes of over 40 different stadiums
- Climate data from all the cities hosting major games around Australia and New Zealand create realistic weather and pitch conditions
- Over 800 players in the database
- Play with purely fictional players for a new challenge
- View game-by-game, season or career statistics at all levels of the game
- Players develop "naturally" without fixed potential, allowing players to peak early, develop later in life, or play until they're ancient
- Training module makes you decide between resting your players for the next match or improving their skills and risking injury
- Dynamic injury model and injury lists lets you promote a top rookie when your star gets hurt
- Awards include top goalscorer, player of the week, young player of the week, most valuable player, player's association player of the year, and best and fairest for each club in the game
- Navigate the offseason, including restricted and unrestricted free agency
- Place your injured players on the injury reserve list
- Draft the stars of the lower leagues
- Delist a player? Get him back in the re-entry draft
- Pick the best players in the rookie draft
- Make space for the players on your rookies list - they just may get their chance to shine
- Do your best to stay under the salary cap by adding players to veterans
- Renew your players' contracts or delist them if they're pants
- Realistic list lodgement timelines
- Dynamic trade module - team list managers decide whether they're rebuilding, going for the title, or somewhere in between, and adjust accordingly
- Enter a dynamic world of coaching - lose too often and get fired
- Start at a lower club and apply for your dream job - you just might get it
- Manage player fatigue and match fitness while simultaneously trying to improve your players as much as possible
- Take control of a reserves team and select the best from those not playing in the national league that week while also assembling the best top-ons
- All current league structures as of start of 2014 including 18 teams and double-byes
- Coachable state and development leagues as well as the national league
- Custom league creation module - create your own fictional leagues of up to 24 teams
- Customizable bye weeks and finals
- Advanced users can edit league files with a text editor
- Play as many seasons as your computer's memory will let you!
This game is still under development. There are a number of exciting features still to add, so no release date has been set.
March 14, 2014
Lots of recent work finishing up the entire game not related to the match engine, including screen layout finalization.
February 25, 2014
Recently, improved injury model, improved tackling, added in-game team tactical changes, added the ability to load real life coaches from file, improved the realism of the match engine by fixing bugs, updated Tasmanian league, added local Tasmanian ovals, and much GUI programming on the tactics and squad page.
February 16, 2014
Current features list added to website.
January 28, 2014
Development on 'Australian Football Coach' continues. Lots of bugs, but the game will hopefully be beta testing soon.
December 16, 2013
Development continues on 'Australian Football Coach' (working title).
December 1, 2013
Development continues on 'Australian Football Coach'. A number of features not yet seen in an Aussie Rules sports management game already work (quick, obvious tease: 18 team leagues, but leagues of any size are theoretically editable. Less obvious tease: unrestricted free agency). The game still does not currently have a release date.
November 9, 2013
An Australian Football management simulator is currently under development. The game is currently in alpha testing and no release date has been set.To get updated as development of the game progresses, make sure to follow us on Twitter.